History of Trinity Parish
This fundamental belief in the intrinsic value of every person makes Trinity a body of diverse individuals from richly varied backgrounds, united in faith and mission, each contributing in his or her own way to the life of the parish. We embrace St. Paul’s notion that we are together the Body of Christ, and individually members of it, and that no one part of the body can do without another, and that no part of the body is exalted over the other.
Trinity’s first building, a former Unitarian Meeting House, was moved stone-by-stone to the present site. Construction on a rectory (now the Parish House) began in 1881. Between 1892 and 1898, with the support of a gift from the Reverend Francis Goodwin, Trinity’s third Rector, and his wife, Mary, Goodwin Hall was built and the original church building replaced by the present one. The education wing was completed in 1961 to mark the parish’s 100th anniversary