Our #1 Priority is to entice prospective buyers to visit your listing!
Real Estate photography is the FIRST impression buyers have of your property, so it is important that your home is prepared. Here are some tips for preparing your home for photography.
Click Here to get your copy for print and email.
Tip: A well-lit home is a welcome home. Replace bulbs and ensure all lights are on for your photography, open house & buyer tours!
Outside the home
- Remove cars, trailers & bikes from driveway and hide garbage cans
- Give yard a general tidy, rake leaves, mow lawn, weed garden
- Hide garden equipment and tools, including hoses
- Remove washing from clothes line, cover barbecue
- Put away pool toys, pool cleaners, children’s toys
- Remove pets and their evidence – ensure outside lights work
Around the home
- Clean & open all curtains and blinds to let in natural light
- Make sure all lights are working – Turn off tv’s – Hide electric cords
- Wipe off marks on walls, cupboards and light switches
- Declutter living area , shelves and surface – arrange cushions
- Remove personal photos, birthday cards, holiday decorations
- Remove pedestal fans, children’s toys, exercise equipment
- Ensure beds are made, pillows fluffed & lamps working
- Hide personal items from bedside tables and dressers
- Remove clothes and clutter from floors
- Tidy walk-ins, remove toys, ensure items under beds aren’t visible
- Remove magnets/artwork from fridge, clean atop fridge & cook top
- Remove bench top appliances – toasters, kettles, coffee makers, etc.
- Clean sink, remove soaps, detergents, sponges, dish racks
- Clean floors, remove floor mats, pet bowls, garbage bins
- Put out neatly folded, fresh & matching towels on rack
- Remove toiletries, cosmetics & cleaning products from sight
- Clean all mirrors and surfaces – clean tub, shower screens and tiles
- Remove bathmats, bath toys, bins and scales – Close all toilet seats